Sunday, September 12, 2010

Do you have an Aura?

I recently took, out of curiosity, an aura test that was intended to tell me what the dominant colors of my aura were. Well, even though some of the reading was interesting, I highly doubt if I'm walking around with more colors emitting from me than a typical rainbow. Ha-ha! I'll give the link to the "test" in a moment, but first, the definition and a quick description is necessary:

Aura (noun): (1) a distinctive atmosphere surrounding a given source; (2) a luminous radiation.

The paranormal version of "aura" definitely falls under spiritual insight and most folks would simply label it as woo-woo wishful thinking of an occult nature, and be done with the kooky notion. However, if it is possible to "see" someone's aura, phenomenal clairvoyance needs to be applied.

The astral body is sometimes said to be visible as an aura of swirling colors. You know, sort of like the claims of having an "outer-body experience" and whatnot. At any rate, by me bringing up the possibilty of individuals having so-called "astral projections," I have slowly travelled away from our original topic. Excuse me, my "aura" must have had a transitory color shift off the color wheel and I temporarily flew away with my etheric body and lost my spiritual state of being one with myself on my way back. Ha-ha!

All jokes set aside, it is not too far-fetched of an idea that we all emit something, and the emissions would vary from person to person - some stronger, some weaker, for example. But, like most things, when they get over-analyzed to death by woo-woo practitioners, things can get a little whacked out into the branches of asininity.
A quick excerpt from the land of Wiki:
"Sometimes, however, all people, or all living things, or all objects whatsoever are said to manifest such an aura. Often it is held to be perceptible, whether spontaneously or with practice: such perception is at times linked with the third eye of Indian spirituality.Various writers associate various personality traits with the colors of different layers of the aura."

In you're still interested, you can read more about it here via Wikipedia.

Okay, now here is the link to that "Aura Test" I spoke about earlier:

http://www.auracolors.com/personal-quiz-auracolors.html

Update:  I had to de-activate the above link, since it is no longer online.  Evidently, the ones behind that website, no longer believed they had an aura, either...  Ha-ha!

Do you have an aura?Related blog link:

Metaphysical Myth? Healing Stones & Crystals...

Astral Dreaming
[Above image source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Astral_Sleep_-_by_Jeroen_van_Valkenburg.PNG]

---End of Post "Do you have an Aura?"

1 comment:

  1. Wow! 2 years have went by since I wrote this little blog post, and not one person has made a single comment on it. This either means that people don't think they have an aura, but are too lazy to comment or that they believe in people having these aura thingies, but often get lost before reaching the comment field or perhaps most people couldn't care less OR maybe this post sucks so bad that it doesn't rank well in the search engines - hence forth the notion that there's not enough traffic to generate comments to begin with; ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete

If you decide to comment on any of these posts, please make it related to the subject at hand. You are always welcome to add feedback, and additional information or comments (negative or positive), as long as it is somewhat along the lines of having a personal grasp of logical coherence.